Monday, July 03, 2006

Time with the Georges

It's too hard to explain my connection to this family. Truth be told, there are too many connections to tell. But, this Saturday was really incredible because I got to be invited into a family that means a lot to me. Most of my connection comes from the "Stein" side of the George family but not all. It was incredible to celebrate mass for this family and be invited to be part of it for a while.

I was also overjoyed to celebrate mass Sunday at my little rural parish, Sts. Peter and Paul in Gilbert. I love that parish. With last Thursday being the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, I talked about those Sts. without turning it into the focus of the celebration. I used the line from the first reading "God did not make death, nor does he rejoice in the destruction of the living" to talk about a correct understanding of Christian martyrdom. I concluded mass with the blessing from the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul.

Then, I went to visit a friend with this incredible lake front cabin in Minnesota. It was so nice to relax , enjoy the sigts and get some vitamin D. Now it's back to the perverbial grindstone, though slightly refreshed and ready to get prepared for the beginning of the school year. I can't believe that it's really only a month and some change away! Yikes.

No comments:

2 L B: Christianity is not a pithy pop song

  Friends Peace be with you.  As some of you know, the series The Chosen has been released in theaters. Last week, I had the opportunit...