An article in a recent America Magazine compared the present pope with the father of western monasticism, Benedict of Nursia. The article is INCREDIBLY weak and shows an incredible Jesuit bias (Jesuits, especially the Jesuits who run America magazine, believe that the only true form of the church is in the likeness of the Jesuits).
So, I'm hoping to do something that is a little different with my Wednesday posts for the next few weeks. I'm hoping to point out the legitimate ways of seeing the intersection of pope Benedict and Abbot Benedict. For obvious reasons, I won't use it as a platform to articulate a unreflective social platform nor to criticize the pope as stringently holding outmoded sexual mores. It's up to you wheather you agree or disagree with my assessment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 OT A: The way to get along is to talk over when we disagree
Friends Peace be with you. I am very conflict avoidant. If I realize I’m going to have to confront someone who I believe has wronged me, I...
-
Friends Peace be with you. I was thinking about ways to modernize my homilies. Fifteen years ago, I heard about a Protestant pastor w...
-
I've grown to appreciate weddings in the past year. It started when I had a series of people that I really respect and love get married....
-
Friends Peace be with you. In the northern part of Israel, there is a place called Mount Arbel. It is located close to one of Jesus’ of...
No comments:
Post a Comment