Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Benedict as Pope and Abbot

An article in a recent America Magazine compared the present pope with the father of western monasticism, Benedict of Nursia. The article is INCREDIBLY weak and shows an incredible Jesuit bias (Jesuits, especially the Jesuits who run America magazine, believe that the only true form of the church is in the likeness of the Jesuits).

So, I'm hoping to do something that is a little different with my Wednesday posts for the next few weeks. I'm hoping to point out the legitimate ways of seeing the intersection of pope Benedict and Abbot Benedict. For obvious reasons, I won't use it as a platform to articulate a unreflective social platform nor to criticize the pope as stringently holding outmoded sexual mores. It's up to you wheather you agree or disagree with my assessment.

No comments:

2 L B: Christianity is not a pithy pop song

  Friends Peace be with you.  As some of you know, the series The Chosen has been released in theaters. Last week, I had the opportunit...