Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome to being a pastor!

I had a funeral on Tuesday on one side of my cluster of parishes and I'll have another funeral Saturday in the middle parish with a burial on the other side of the cluster. The last funeral I had before this was in February...I think. And the amazing thing is that God just keeps putting me in the right place at the right time for these funerals. I was in Britt when I found out about the first funeral so I could go over and meet his widow. And, I went to visit the man whose funeral is Saturday last night before I saw my nephew play in sub state baseball.

I chose two of my readings for my own funeral. Hopefully, it will be a long time until they're used, but I want to be prepared. I can't decide about the gospel. I'll keep praying about it. If pressed, I could always go with the same gospel from my ordination.

No comments:

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...