Saturday, July 30, 2011

A full Saturday

Saturdays tend to be challenging for priests. I woke up worried about something that's unresolved from my parishes. I hate it when that happens.

I heard confessions for a half hour and then walked around the block before returning to my house at 10:45. After that I got organized for a wedding prep session with one couple and witnessed the marriage of another.

After the wedding, I looked at my Sunday homily one last time before going to hear more confessions and celebrating evening mass. After mass someone requested to be anointed and then my day was done.

Four sacraments in eight hours in three different towns. Fairly typical and very satisfying. I love being a priest.

No comments:

2 L B: Christianity is not a pithy pop song

  Friends Peace be with you.  As some of you know, the series The Chosen has been released in theaters. Last week, I had the opportunit...