Friday, October 03, 2008

Ever look back and wonder, "What was I thinking?"

As a kid, I was in love with the song "Angels" by Amy Grant. It was inspiring. It made me believe in God.

And, for some reason, I was thinking about it this morning. So, I looked it up on youtube and found something surprising.

IT HAD A VIDEO!

You can find it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYjwT9ANdbg

Be prepared: this is filled with 80's schlock. Watch the boy in yellow. He really seems to get into it. You'll love it when they lean in to get quiet and lean back when they get loud. And, what's up with the poor guy in the water that seems guarded by the people with masks? And who's the poor grey Fanciscan who is taken captive by Roman soldiers in a rat infested cell?

It's confusing but also kind of....really really bad! I can't lie to you. I'm so glad that we've moved past this. This is why the church needs to be really careful about introducing new music to worship. We can still sing "Holy God, We praise thy name." We laugh at "Angels."

3 comments:

nabimba said...

Spirit-friend!

DominiSumus said...

That was so cheesy!
I think I figured out that the "franciscan" was supposed to be St. Peter.

The hands through the window and all her ducking under the feet was the strangest part for me.

What was the deal with the dangling feet?

Fr.Dennis said...

I KNOW!!! The dangling feet were so confusing. It's like they figured out how to do the hands and then did the feet because they could. But there had to be some real symbolism there.

2 L B: Christianity is not a pithy pop song

  Friends Peace be with you.  As some of you know, the series The Chosen has been released in theaters. Last week, I had the opportunit...