Sunday, July 06, 2008

Wow...that was uncomfortable...

So, yesterday I had a wedding for some really active students. They were really great people and I can't wait to see how they'll be as parents. I didn't have a huge amount of time to prepare a homily but I had what I thought was going to be a very strong homily about on the parable of the sower who scattered seed on four different soils.

Unfortunately, our sacristan didn't show up yesterday so I had to help with that which meant that I was kind of running around until the very beginning of mass. As I walked over to the pulpit to read the gospel, I had the homily in my mind. I opened the book and realized it was in the entirely wrong spot. Since last week was a feast day (Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul) it was still there. So, I frantically looked through the book for fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary time year A. I got to it but it wasn't the parable of the man who scattered seed. It was this one instead.

When I was prepping the homily, I accidentally turned one too many pages. I guess I learned a good lesson about double checking and not just assuming that I actually have things right in the missal.

No comments:

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...