Monday, June 18, 2007

A good lesson learned

I have always thought of myself as a dog owner without a dog. A week ago I went and got a dog and found, in the course of a week, that I wasn't a dog owner without a dog. I would have had to change my life so much that it was clearly not worth it. I like being free to pray for hours on end and being free to read for hours on end. I like being able to be gone for a day or two to visit friends and not have to worry about having someone take care of my dog.

So, I took Hiro back. He was a great dog and he deserves someone who can take care of him. I kind of hope he won't even remember me.

2 comments:

Adoro said...

I have two dogs, and what you say is true. But at the same time, I've found that I'm a better person BECAUSE I have dogs; they enforce a certain discipline in my life I would not otherwise have. My reactions to their misbehavior have helped me to identify certain...uh...imperfections in myself which have had to be corrected.

But yeah, in a lot of ways they're a pain. Just as you point out.

I love my dogs, and for, me their benefits do outweigh the negatives, but it would be nice to have some freedom for awhile.

It's good that you realized right away that it wasn't for you.

saiju mathew stephen said...

Is this the underlying reason why priests don't get married and have kids.

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...