Thursday, April 19, 2007

Reason for absence

Sorry to my loyal readers for missing a few days this past week. I ended up with a doozy of a cold after Easter that just won't go away. It's starting to let up right now so I hope to start writing again more often about the church and stuff.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get last week's homily up because I thought it was good. I told about a friend that had to close a church and then a year and a half later, someone called him because he was angry that "his church" had been closed down. I used that to talk about Thomas. He wasn't present for the first time Jesus was there and, so, it makes him angry. The full church's of Easter quickly peter down to the normal crowds of the second Sunday of Easter. I talked about how the apostles used Thomas anger to get him to show up the next week when Jesus was there. We are the apostles who are present both weeks. We are sent by Jesus to reach out to those who are hurting to take them to Jesus. Who are the Thomas' in our life that need to be invited into our upper room.

Of course, it was a little longer than that but I got a lot of compliments and I hope it challenges my wonderful little rural church of Sts. Peter and Paul to reach out and find some folks who haven't been baptized in order to have Easter vigil out there again next year. It was just so awesome last year and I heard from people that they missed it this year. I hope we can get it organized for next year.

1 comment:

saiju mathew stephen said...

Glad to see your back. What are your plans for veisha?

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...