Friday, February 04, 2005

Finally caught up

Today really spoke a lot about the grandeur of God. It was beautiful outside. The sun was shining and the temperature was in the mid forties. We have too much snow on the ground to get any warmer. I cleared off the snow/ice that had caked onto our deck. All I could think was that it was nice to finally be outside. It was nice to be out in the clean air of Iowa. It seems that sickness is surrounding me. In the week and a half that I was in Texas, the flu was passed through the office here at Holy Ghost forcing almost everyone to stay in bed for a couple of days, including the pastor. I missed it. But, I did hear that our vicar general, Msgr. James Barta, was in the hospital with some heart complications. Plus, visible head of the church, Pope John Paul, was in the hospital. I was starting to get depressed. It’s amazing how the sun can put us in the right frame of mind. It’s amazing how the sun reminds us of the hope that the son puts into our hearts.

No comments:

5 E B: inviting the uncomfortable

 Friends Peace be with you.  Have you ever made a friend that you were skeptical of how long your friendship would last? Sometimes, when...