Monday, January 31, 2005

Reflecting on our own freedoms

What would it be like to live in Iraq right now? Can you imagine growing up in a situation that didn't allow you to vote or be free? And then to have your sworn enemy come in and change it around so that you could choose your leaders? I keep coming back to two different questions: Are we helping them to realize the goodness of a democratic state or are we just giving them yet another civil war. And how will we react when George Bush invades the Vatican because we don't have a freely elected civil leader?

1 comment:

Donn said...

Dear Father,

I have had your blog linked to mine almost since you started it. If you take a look at my blog: http://donnsbrain.blogspot.com/ you will see that you are number 2 on my blog roll. I thought that it would be very interesting to have the point of view from a priest, and a very new one at that on my site. I have enjoyed many of your posts. I shared with everyone your post about your visit with the archbishop and his story about the pope.

I truly do not understand this post or the one you wrote about FOX News. What you write seems to me to be very harsh and comes from an uninformed point of view. I do not see you as someone who does not do his homework. That is why I am questioning them. It seems that you are just sharing something that you heard elsewhere, and it sounded good, therefore you posted it.

I'd just like you to know that there are many people that you have influence over. You really do not know who or when you will be leading them. It is a tremendous responsibility. One that I probably would not be able to handle. I just want to suggest that you not alienate half of the souls out there because of an uninformed point of view.

I am truly thankful and appreciative of the sacrifices you have made for us. Thank you for being a priest of God.

Peace be with you,
--Donn

5 E B: inviting the uncomfortable

 Friends Peace be with you.  Have you ever made a friend that you were skeptical of how long your friendship would last? Sometimes, when...