Thursday, February 25, 2010

Welcome Bishop Pates

When I was in seminary, two men were ordained as auxiliary bishops for the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis. One of those men was named Richard Pates. I didn't know much about him. From my priest-supervisor, I learned that Bishop Pates had had several assignments in his time as a priest and had proved himself very pastoral throughout them all.

Little did I know that Bishop Pates would be assigned to a neighboring diocese (Des Moines) and would be coming to celebrate mass here for the college students. I'm very excited. There's something exciting about having a successor to the Apostles celebrate mass for you. I hope he helps the Des Moines students feel more connected to the church by visiting them here and hope they take up his offer to pilgrimage to World Youth Day!

No comments:

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...