Thursday, April 23, 2009

So, here's what happened last Sunday

It occurred to me that, even though Thomas' faith seemed to be at issue, the real thing that was lacking was Thomas love was lacking. If he really loved Jesus, he would have been excited to think that his friend was alive. But, his love didn't transcend death. I talked about how we need to be more loving in this world and allow that to define who we are so that, when people see us love, they will see Christ and be able to express with Thomas, "My Lord, and my God."

So I focused, in the end, on being loving instead of on personal prayer.

No comments:

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...