Wednesday, September 03, 2008

If you're going through hell, keep on going....

This morning, I directed 13 home school High-School-aged students in a reflection on St. Paul. They learned how to do lectio divina and spent some time learning about a few of the shorter letters of St. Paul. In the process, I missed the oppertunity to lead a staff meeting and celebrate daily mass. Thankfully, people stepped in for me to cover both.

The students seemed to connect so well with the quiet of lectio divina. I used this to help them understand it (go figure that I'd use a Benedictine website to help explain it) and, even though they didn't pronouce the latin really well, they spent 25 minutes in quiet with scripture. I asked them to keep doing it and I really hope they do. It's so meaningful.

That's what I love about being a priest. I get to do stuff like this. People trust me to help them get to know God. Sometimes I get to do it. Sometimes, I fail. I feel like God helped me do it today.

No comments:

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...