Friday, May 25, 2007

Back from retreat

I just got back from a superb retreat and found that it's hard to come back to the "real world". The monks in the mastery in which I stayed would be quiet during supper. They are quiet when they walk around the monastery. They chant beautifully during their prayer times. I will miss the 6 am Office of Readings. I came back to a raucous wedding rehearsal and I couldn't help but miss the monastery. I had to come back home because of the noise. I will miss the silence of the monastery. I need to work on cultivating that.

Along the time on my retreat, I came up a with a few ideas to blog about including the professionalizing of parish live, finding the right question, and another search for help. At some point, I'm going to ask you to recommend a reading that I could do every day to complete what I'm calling the D7.

1 comment:

saiju mathew stephen said...

Lucky guy. I am so jealous

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...