Monday, January 29, 2007
Playing the Prophet
Fr. Ev had a great homily weekend about being a prophet. He talked about how a prophet doesn't say what people want to hear but a prophet says what people need to hear. I was kind of invigorated by it because I often envision the role of the priest in preaching as being prophetic, first to oneself and then to the congregation. It's nice to be able to hear other preachers, on occasion. It reminds me of how I also need to listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 OT A: The way to get along is to talk over when we disagree
Friends Peace be with you. I am very conflict avoidant. If I realize I’m going to have to confront someone who I believe has wronged me, I...
-
Friends Peace be with you. I was thinking about ways to modernize my homilies. Fifteen years ago, I heard about a Protestant pastor w...
-
I've grown to appreciate weddings in the past year. It started when I had a series of people that I really respect and love get married....
-
Friends Peace be with you. In the northern part of Israel, there is a place called Mount Arbel. It is located close to one of Jesus’ of...
No comments:
Post a Comment