Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Glorious couple of days

When I was at Conception Abbey in Missouri, Fr Adam (one of the monks) said that in his spiritual life there are times when he wants to say, "God, get a life!" because of all the minor conncetions he makes in the day. He was, basically, giving a modern day interpretation of psalm eight, which says...

"When I see your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and stars that you set in place-- What are humans that you are mindful of them, mere mortals that you care for them? Yet you have made them little less than a god, crowned them with glory and honor. You have given them rule over the works of your hands, put all things at their feet:"

These past three days, (Sunday, Monday and this morning) I had one of those, "Why are you so good to me" experiences with God. I went camping in late June, fully expecting that it would flop because it would be too hot and too humid. But, it was neither. I can't imagine having a better time to be in nature and be reminded of the God who has "made them little less than a god..." My stress level is at an all time low, which is awesome. I have some work that needs to get done in the next few days since I've been gone and I needed to rest before I get all wrapped up in it. As the cook, Mary, from the holy land, used to say, "Thanks, God."

No comments:

3 E B We are witnesses of God’s forgiveness

  Friends Peace be with you.  What do bunnies, chocolate, or eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? It’s all wrapped up in the ...