Thursday, April 27, 2006

School is coming to an end

I'm facing the reality that, in a little over a week, the campus of Iowa State will let out for the summer and all the students I've been serving will be going home or to jobs. This has caused a few emotions....

I'm happy that the fraternity guys living next to me will be leaving, which may cause less noise. And, I'm excited that some of the educational stuff that I've been putting off (re-learning Hebrew) may be able to start because of my decreased schedule.

I'm sad because of so many students who will soon be leaving. I will miss our Thursday Night Liturgy folks and the people who faithfully come to Sunday Night at 7:00. It will be really hard when it finally sets in that some of the seniors and a few of the students that are studying abroad will never come back. I will miss them and Hope I can keep in contact with them.

I'm hopeful that some of the mistakes that I made this year, some of the things that caused long work days, will be worked out in the summer months. Yet, I'm also skeptical because I know myself well enough to know that it's way too easy to put things off...

Mostly, I'm relieved that I made it through one year here with a sense of humor intact...so far...

1 comment:

DominiSumus said...

Congratulations on surviving the first year. I am sure you did a great job.

I have similar sentiments. I am thrilled that I have survived my first semester as an undergraduate theology student. Well, I will have survived as soon as I get these term papers completed. I am a serious procrastinator and shouldn't have put them off for so long...I really have to work on that over the summer.

2 L B: Christianity is not a pithy pop song

  Friends Peace be with you.  As some of you know, the series The Chosen has been released in theaters. Last week, I had the opportunit...