Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Am I getting old and grumpy?

Why is is that when I read sentences like "Members of Parish church design committees sometimes suggest that the tabernacle makes the church Catholic; not, apparently, the Catholics assembled there nor the Catholic liturgy celebrated there" it makes me so angry that I could just spit blood? I read this sentence in a publication recently and I couldn't help but ask myself, "Is it possible for a catholic to think that the tabernacle AND the people AND the liturgy are all important?

What does Vatican II say that we might want to focus on? Doesn't it stress that God is present in the people and the priest but pre-eminantly in the eucharist?

Why do I feel like Charlie Brown running towards the football that Peppermint Patty is holding whenever I start to read these articles?

No comments:

5 E B: inviting the uncomfortable

 Friends Peace be with you.  Have you ever made a friend that you were skeptical of how long your friendship would last? Sometimes, when...