Saturday, April 30, 2005

Illness

This week, I discovered that I had strep throat. It turned what was supposed to be a pretty full week into a week of laying in bed making apologetic phone calls, at least on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. At first, I thought that I just had the flu. But, thanks to Dr. Mom, we thought it's at least possible that I had strep. Sure enough, moving from intense chills to intense heat with difficulty swallowing throughout meant that I needed medication to be cured.

I'm really kind of bummed, too, because I was planning on making my big announcement this weekend. I was asked by the doctor not to say mass so I can't tell the people that I'll be moving this summer to St. Thomas Aquinas Parish and Student Center in Ames, Iowa. I'm a Cyclone! Ever since, as a boy, my brother brought me to Iowa State on siblings weekend, I've bled red and gold. I'm going to miss Dubuque and the people there but I can't wait to be in Ames.

1 comment:

Fr.Dennis said...

Absolutely Jenny. I'll keep her in my prayers.

5 E B: inviting the uncomfortable

 Friends Peace be with you.  Have you ever made a friend that you were skeptical of how long your friendship would last? Sometimes, when...