Monday, April 04, 2005

Encountering Teens Encountering Christ

I just spent the last three days with fifty seven high school seniors on retreat. There were undoubtedly a million other things that High School Seniors could have been doing other than hearing a group of adults talk about their relationship to Christ. But, that's what happened for me these last three days. I have a huge headache and I'm about three phonecalls behind but I'm filled with the Holy Spirit right now. I won't go into details but, for me, the best part of the weekend was watching the kids from different High Schools and different lives slowly be transformed into a trusting, cohesive group that care about one another. I love watching the kids that normally don't fit in being accepted because the seniors are far enough away from Middle School to start accepting people for who they are. I love when that kid that you don't think is going to get anything out of the weekend says something incredibly profound in a moment of prayer. I feel full of energy and exhausted at the same time.

No comments:

5 E B: inviting the uncomfortable

 Friends Peace be with you.  Have you ever made a friend that you were skeptical of how long your friendship would last? Sometimes, when...