Friday, March 11, 2005

A nice surprise

A generation ago the word adoration would have met only one thing. Today, we don't necessarily have the same understanding worship as we did then. I've even heard some seminary professor's refer to adoration as "cookie worship", an incredibly offensive simplification of a pious reflection on the central mystery of Christian worship. So, I imagine my seminary professors wouldn't like to think that today all eight grades of children at Holy Ghost school came over to church to spend a few moments in front of the Blessed Sacrament. Imagine, if you can, coming into church and seeing an entire class of fifth graders sitting quietly in prayer. That was what I encountered this morning at 11:30 when I went over the church to pray. It was incredible. We are hoping to do it once a month and my hopes are that the fruits are both an increased respect for the Blessed Sacrament as well as a transformation of the children at school. It will only happen, however, if God wants it so I'll just have to keep praying.

No comments:

5 E B: inviting the uncomfortable

 Friends Peace be with you.  Have you ever made a friend that you were skeptical of how long your friendship would last? Sometimes, when...