Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head?

When I was in Israel, I became addicted to a song called "Something Stupid" which, I thought, was by Frank and Nancy Sinatra. In truth, it was redone by British singer Robbie Williams and Aussie Nicole Kidman. That was in the fall of 2000. For some reason, for the last several days, that's all I've wanted to hear. It's not a great song in terms of the message. In fact, the point of the song seems to be that, despite the fact that someone is not all that interested in you, still you remain infatuated with the person. St. Augustine said that sung prayer is praying twice, once with the words and once with the tune. I think this is a derivation of that. The words could be better but the tune just catches me and makes me smile. No profound truth here. Just a thought.

No comments:

5 E B: inviting the uncomfortable

 Friends Peace be with you.  Have you ever made a friend that you were skeptical of how long your friendship would last? Sometimes, when...