Thursday, January 20, 2005

Working on my presentation

I figured out something the other day. I have this presentation that will begin on February 13th about the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It will span several weeks since the book is over 700 pages and covers, basically, everything that the Catholic Church believes. I started preparing this week and hope to have the first lesson set in stone before I head off to Texas on Vacation this Sunday. In the middle of all the reading that I've been doing, I realized how much I missed intense academic scholarship. I didn't think that would ever happen! I wasn't one of those guys that was willing to stay in school for the rest of my life. I was more than happy when I got my degree and left. But, I have finally found what my professors warned me about. When I initiate the study of a topic, I still use the techniques they taught me, I just do so with more energy because I want to do it. What a good thing to discover.

2 comments:

Timmie Smith said...

Howdy Father Dennis,

Could you send me the title of this book? My email is timmie.smith@gmail.com. Eventhough my mother's entire side of the family is Catholic I know far less than I would like about Catholicism.

I know you wrote about this a while ago, but I'm just getting caught up on your blog since I found it a few weeks ago in the links on Kate's blog.

Thanks,
Tim Smith in Texas

Timmie Smith said...

Howdy again,

Reading the post again I notice that I am blind. You're talking about the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and that is probably the title I should be looking for.

I'll read a little more carefully before shooting you any more mail.

Tim Smith

5 E B: inviting the uncomfortable

 Friends Peace be with you.  Have you ever made a friend that you were skeptical of how long your friendship would last? Sometimes, when...