Three posts is a bit much for me in one day. But, I forgot to write this last week and wanted to do it quickly before I go to bed.
A few years ago, one of my previous assignments very sadly closed down. I asked the people in the church if it would be all right to have their presider's chair and server's chairs to use for my personal prayer space. I've used them all for several years to pray but now I've got a church connected to my rectory so I don't really need them anymore. I just walk 10 feet and pray in front of the Blessed Sacrament. In the last move, it was obvious that I need to live a simpler life. I have too much stuff! So I've found them a new home. I took them up to St. Patrick's Church in Lake Mills, Iowa. Their presider's chair kind of looked like a nice living room chair and the server's chairs started out as dining room chairs. The really neat thing is that I can continue to remember the people in the closed church when I celebrate mass in Lake Mills. I'm sure they'd love to know that their chairs are still being used to gather the people in prayer, even if it's a different church in a different location.
Monday, August 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 OT A: The way to get along is to talk over when we disagree
Friends Peace be with you. I am very conflict avoidant. If I realize I’m going to have to confront someone who I believe has wronged me, I...
-
Friends Peace be with you. I was thinking about ways to modernize my homilies. Fifteen years ago, I heard about a Protestant pastor w...
-
I've grown to appreciate weddings in the past year. It started when I had a series of people that I really respect and love get married....
-
Friends Peace be with you. In the northern part of Israel, there is a place called Mount Arbel. It is located close to one of Jesus’ of...
No comments:
Post a Comment