My homily generally goes like this: This is the week where we remember the central mystery of our church. From Holy Thursday's Institution of the Eucharist to Good Friday's focus on the Cross and death of the Lord to Easter Sunday and the Resurrection, we remember all of what is at the heart of the church. I strongly encourage you all to make a point to come to church to celebrate all three days. This is our Holy Week.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
No real homily this weekend
So, this weekend is Palm Sunday. Go to church to get your palm so that you can make your cross. It's a big Sunday. We read the entire passion narrative from one of the gospels, which takes a lot longer than normal. That comes after we read the gospel about the procession with palms from the gospel of Luke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 OT A: The way to get along is to talk over when we disagree
Friends Peace be with you. I am very conflict avoidant. If I realize I’m going to have to confront someone who I believe has wronged me, I...
-
Friends Peace be with you. I was thinking about ways to modernize my homilies. Fifteen years ago, I heard about a Protestant pastor w...
-
I've grown to appreciate weddings in the past year. It started when I had a series of people that I really respect and love get married....
-
Friends Peace be with you. In the northern part of Israel, there is a place called Mount Arbel. It is located close to one of Jesus’ of...
No comments:
Post a Comment