Friday, April 28, 2006
Bush and Oil
I don't like to get too political because, admittedly, I tend to think all politicians are to society what a bath is to an eight year old boy - a necessary evil. And, I try to support the president, whoever that president is. But, I'm frustrated by this story. I don't understand how a leader can see his people being hit with the highest gas prices in history and say that he has any confidence in oil companies to do anything but make money. What incentive is there to invest anything in anything but themselves? None. So, here's the choice: to take President Bush's advice to invest in alternative fuel sources or put the money into a brand new hummer. Which one would you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 OT A: The way to get along is to talk over when we disagree
Friends Peace be with you. I am very conflict avoidant. If I realize I’m going to have to confront someone who I believe has wronged me, I...
-
Friends Peace be with you. I was thinking about ways to modernize my homilies. Fifteen years ago, I heard about a Protestant pastor w...
-
I've grown to appreciate weddings in the past year. It started when I had a series of people that I really respect and love get married....
-
Friends Peace be with you. In the northern part of Israel, there is a place called Mount Arbel. It is located close to one of Jesus’ of...
No comments:
Post a Comment