Friday, February 18, 2005
A good game of scrabble
Every once in a while, a young priest finds an outlet for his competitive/social life. On Friday nights, I go and play scrabble with a group of women from the parish. It challenges me to be creative and gives me a good outlet for conversation. I find that these moments are good for me to connect with people and to be reminded that I'm still a human being. I think we all need those people in our lives that stretch our intellects and feelings a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 OT A: The way to get along is to talk over when we disagree
Friends Peace be with you. I am very conflict avoidant. If I realize I’m going to have to confront someone who I believe has wronged me, I...
-
Friends Peace be with you. I was thinking about ways to modernize my homilies. Fifteen years ago, I heard about a Protestant pastor w...
-
I've grown to appreciate weddings in the past year. It started when I had a series of people that I really respect and love get married....
-
Friends Peace be with you. In the northern part of Israel, there is a place called Mount Arbel. It is located close to one of Jesus’ of...
No comments:
Post a Comment